Hello there and can you believe that it’s October!! Bring on all the fall especially the cooler weather. While I love our sunny San Diego days, I am certainly ready for some cooler temps.
What better time than the first of the month to begin a challenge? I am kicking off October with a challenge to eat no added sugar for the entire month of October. I have a serious sweet tooth and as I am getting older, pounds just don’t stay off as easily…am I right? So I’ll be cutting out the added sugar this month not only to lose some pounds, but also to get healthier and replace those empty calories with real, whole foods. So if you are strong enough to say no to all the Halloween size mini candies around the office, I would love you to join me on this journey! We can do it!
- No added sugars (including honey, agave, cane sugar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup and high fructose corn syrup) for 31 days.
- Read all food labels carefully as sugar seems to be in almost everything
- You can eat fresh fruits and dates
- You can use date syrup if it is 100% just pure dates
- If you mess up one day, get back on the wagon
You’ve got this! I know you can do it and am so excited to hear about your progress.